Re: Option to not automatically customize-save-variable `package-selecte

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Option to not automatically customize-save-variable `package-selected-packages'
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 23:43:10 -0200

On 17 Feb 2016 9:05 pm, "John Wiegley" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Angelo, would you open a bug on this matter so that we can track it properly,
> and you'll be included on the discussion?

Since nobody replied to my call for volunteers (and I sadly really can't do it now), we should probably file a bug and mark it as blocking release 25.

> Perhaps the experts in this area have better reasons than we've
> heard so far.

IIRC, the discussions for this feature included me, Stefan, and Thierry Volpiatto (amongst other people).
My opinion now is in agreement with yours, John, and with Angelo in that this should move to a dedicated file (though I originally thought using the custom settings was a good idea).