Re: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 10:20:43 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 16:11:41 +1100
>
> Here's my vote: I think character folding is a good idea, and that it
> should be turned on by default if it respects the locale.  If not, it
> should be off by default.

Thanks.  But what does "respect the locale" mean, in practical terms?
A large portion of the characters that have some decomposition, and
thus will be folded when searching, belong to scripts that are not
related to any language or other locale-specific attribute.  What do
you think should be done with them in the context of this feature?