Re: The future of Follow Mode - a proposal.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: The future of Follow Mode - a proposal.
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 18:12:36 +0200

> Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 15:34:13 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
>  > Yes, but that's not realistic, I think.  Follow Mode windows _are_ of
>  > unequal width.
>
> We can easily make the text area of these windows the same width.
> Simply add any remaining pixel to the divider.

My suggestion would be to forcibly equalize the windows.  Then, even
if we cannot do that exactly (e.g., because the number of pixels is
odd), the difference is a single pixel, and that _can_ be handled by
adding the pixel to the divider.  By contrast, a divider that is many
pixels wider than normal will look odd if not buggy.

I fail to see why users of Follow mode won't agree to having
equal-width windows.  After all, this mode is supposed to create an
illusion of one long window, so its parts should have the same width,
IMO.  However, I don't use the mode, so perhaps I'm missing something.