Re: put input focus on active minibuffer

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: put input focus on active minibuffer
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 18:26:36 -0800

> It would be useful if the input focus is always put on the
> active minibuffer when a user clicks the mouse on any place of
> the unselected Emacs frame.  For instance, when an Emacs frame
> is not selected and it is waiting for a user for a yes-or-no-p
> answer, a user will likely click a normal window.  In that case,
> a user will have to do `C-x o' to go to the minibuffer now.  I
> can guess everyone has experienced such a situation. :)

Hi Katsumi,

Since Emacs allows the use of other buffers while the minibuffer is waiting
for input, it's not uncommon to click on the window you want to interact with,
regardless of whether a question is being asked. So I don't think we can
change the default behavior to switch window focus based on such a question in
the minibuffer.

However, it does sound like an interesting configuration option, as I've
indeed been in that scenario many times before. My recommendation would be to
try out the code Alexis offered, and come back after some time has passed if
you feel the change improves your experience well enough that it should become
a standard option.