Re: Future role of ELPA

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Future role of ELPA
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 18:37:11 -0500

If we are going to offer our own .deb packages of Emacs, that doesn't
mean we have to follow all of Debian's policies.  In general, we
should follow our own policies when they disagree with Debian's.

If you see a practical reason to depart from that, please discuss
it with me.

--
Dr Richard Stallman