Re: Human-readable file sorting

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Human-readable file sorting
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 13:01:25 -0500

  > > Then we want some user interface to make it easy to choose one of
  > > those two functions as the value of 'file-name-comparison-function'.

  > Yes, I agree.  But Eli pointed out (I think :-)) that this setting may
  > actually be something that will (or should) affect more than file name
  > sorting.

I don't think we should do that.  I think rather that we should
have separate variables to select a sort method for other things.

I doubt that users will want this "natural" sort method
for anything other than file names.  But if they ask for that,
we can easily give them variables to set to get it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman