Re: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 11:22:34 -0500

From: John Wiegley <address@hidden>
Thank you for that summary. From that reading, it sounds like this will
require a fairly complex decision tree, to determine what should be folded
when based on the details of each particular country/language?

I fail to see the complexity, but that's me.  In particular, the first
alternative (to have it disabled in certain locales) seems very simple
to me.

I strongly agree. This would be an excellent compromise for 25.1. It would enable many users to discover a useful new feature, while allowing time for future refinements that would improve the feature for users in the problematic locales.

Ken