RE: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 16:22:17 -0800 (PST)

> I'd add one more item: Once 25.1 is released, I (or another) will
> write a blog article publicizing this feature and touting its
> benefits, in order to encourage people to try it out and discover
> how useful it can be.

Good idea.  It would be good to include some of the use cases
brought up here (e.g. dealing with different languages).  People
here who are more familiar with specific cases could make
suggestions or propose corrections to whatever is written as a
first draft.

That way, these cases and their possible issues (so far) will be
out there, from the outset, in addition to the general info about
using the new feature.  That will help users who might run into
such use cases on their own, and doing that will help us get more
feedback from such users, for future enhancement of the feature.

Mentioning such things on the blog could be done in a separate
section, after the main points have been made.  In addition to
the benefits mentioned above, this will show people that Emacs is
thinking about such things and is open to suggestions about them.