RE: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 a9c48d5: Additional fixes for file notificati

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 a9c48d5: Additional fixes for file notification
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 22:24:01 -0800 (PST)

> >> +1  I wholeheartedly agree to that.
> > +1 from me as well.
>
> +100 from me. I deeply dislike the cl- prefix, especially for
> common things like incf and loop. It's both excessive, and
> annoying to program with.
>
> I would like to see prefix-less aliases for many of the functions
> in cl-lib.  Let's create a module cl-intf that requires cl-lib
> and provides those aliases; and then allow cl-intf to be used
> in core, so long as we ensure that cl-intf never shadows existing
> Emacs Lisp functions also in core.

What about this part of what I wrote.  +100 for that as well?

 Finally, to make things even more muddy, we have recently piled
 additional, non-Common Lisp stuff into the `cl-' namespace.
 What's that about?  That just confuses people.

 If it's just because such things are in a `cl*.el' file then I
 think we're missing the point of such a prefix.  It should be
 reserved for Common Lisp emulation, nothing more or less.

This particular problem was reported as bug #20056, which was
just closed today as "wont-fix".