Re: Embedded modifiers in the regex engine

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Embedded modifiers in the regex engine
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 08:30:46 -0500

  > > If only. Some of the test cases in glibc are their own (LGPL) and some
  > > others came from other projects (boost, BSD, MIT).

I don't know what "boost" means.

Please do not use "BSD" to name a kind of licensing, because there are
two different BSD licenses and they are not equivalent.  One is
compatible with the GPL and one is incompatible with it.  It is
crucial to distinguish these two licenses, every time, without
exception.  See http://gnu.org/licenses/bsd.html.

There are also two different licenses that people sometimes
refer to as "MIT", so it is best not to use that term either.

What I can say in general is that code under any GPL-compatible
license can be linked or merged with GPL-covered code, so a fortiori a
test case under a GPL-compatible license can't be a problem either.

--
Dr Richard Stallman