Re: May I do this small change to image-dired now?

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: May I do this small change to image-dired now?
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 22:58:08 +0100

> 1. If I git push this change, will it end up on the main Emacs branch (or
> trunk, Git and VCSes are not my strongest skill...)? I initially cloned the
> repo using my username on Savannah according to the guideline on EmacsWiki.

Yes, it'll end up on the trunk (which in gitspeak is called "master").

> 2. Is it a good time to do this now?

Yes.  :-)

Whenever I push something, I just write

git pull --rebase && git push

Somebody has always committed something in the meantime, and you can't
push until you've pulled their work, so that shortcut saves you a bit of
typing (and waiting).

Thanks, Lars. That seems to have worked well :)

/Mathias