Re: Build failure for Emacs master

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Build failure for Emacs master
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2016 09:25:21 +0200

> From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 22:50:31 +0100
>
> $ cat ./src/emacs/lisp/loaddefs.el
> [...]
> (autoload 'xref-collect-matches "xref" "\
> Collect matches for REGEXP inside FILES in DIR.
> FILES is a string with glob patterns separated by spaces.
> IGNORES is a list of glob patterns.
>
> \(fn REGEXP FILES DIR IGNORES)" nil nil)
>
> ;;;***
>

> while for the others
>
> $ cat ./src/emacs/lisp/.../loaddefs.el
> [...]
> ;;;***
>

> (provide 'loaddefs)
> ;; Local Variables:
> ;; version-control: never
> ;; no-byte-compile: t
> ;; no-update-autoloads: t
> ;; coding: utf-8
> ;; End:
> ;;; loaddefs.el ends here
>

> Maybe just retrying builds..

Yes, this looks like the same problem.

The challenge is to catch the instance when such a faulty loaddefs.el
is produced, and see what happens there.  Ideas for how to do that are
welcome.

> In any cases this kind of failures are rather recent. I have built
> master on MSYS2 for months without any failure and since, say, first
> decade of February they occur..

I've seen this first in last November.  Not sure if it's the same
problem, but the symptoms are very similar.

Are all of your builds full bootstraps in a fresh directory using a
freshly cloned repository?