Re: How do I tell when the current buffer is the minibuffer?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How do I tell when the current buffer is the minibuffer?
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 19:44:25 +0200

> Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2016 23:20:43 +0000
> From: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> On Sun, Mar 06, 2016 at 12:03:50AM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> > Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

> > > Until a `setq' (or the like) is done on the variable for a particular
> > > buffer, C code reading/writing from Vcomment_depth_hwm reads and writes
> > > the same piece of RAM that all other buffers do.
>
> > That seems to work for deactivate-mark.
>
> It's not working for comment-depth-hwm.
>
> Perhaps somebody who understands this will chip in, here.  It could
> really do with being in the Elisp manual.

Is there still a problem?  If so, please describe the details, because
I don't think I understand them well enough to try helping you.  (Yes,
I've read what you wrote, but your description was too general and
didn't include any code you tried to use, so I'm not sure what exactly
did you try and how.)