Re: Build failure for Emacs master

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Build failure for Emacs master
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 19:54:44 +0200

> From: Andy Moreton <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 17:37:37 +0000
>
> Your fix for this in 69e03dd seems to be overly harsh on Mingw64.

I didn't find a better way, sorry; ideas are welcome.  And the lossage
is not really so bad: after all, we've lived without gai_strerror
until now, and no one complained.  It's a function that displays
messages for errors that aren't supposed to happen, right?

> Win95/98/Me have been dead for over 15 years - it's time to kill support
> for them, and require that all Windows platforms support Winsock2.

Windows 9X support winsock2 as well, that's not the issue here.  The
issue is that these 3 functions were added on Windows XP; they were
missing before that.

But if you are saying that the 64-build should be linked with
"-lws2_32", I'm okay with accepting patches to that effect only for
that build.