Re: [gmane.emacs.diffs] master 2621c29: Use colors in the CV mode lines

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [gmane.emacs.diffs] master 2621c29: Use colors in the CV mode lines
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 12:52:05 -0800

> We should provide defaults that make sense for the users. That's why font
> locking comes with colours pre-chosen by us. If some users want different
> colours, they can choose them, including choosing not to have any colours at
> all.

I think emacs-devel has sufficiently demonstrated that no one of us knows what
"makes sense for the users". When establishing defaults for a new feature,
we're pretty flexible, but not when it comes to changing a long established
default without discussion.

I have reverted the change until more of us are convinced otherwise.