RE: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 b6d6304: Comment on last change to define-der

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 b6d6304: Comment on last change to define-derived-mode
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 08:03:07 -0800 (PST)

> > multi-variable `setq';
>
> Can you remind me of what's wrong with multi-variable setq?

Nothing.  IMHO.

You could complain that it can require more maintenance, just like
`cond', `let*', and other sequential constructs.

Some people prioritize writing code over reading code.  To me this
is misguided, and multi-variable `setq' is a plus, not a minus.

FWIW, for a very long time I avoided multi-variable setq.  Dunno
why - probably just maintenance laziness.

Later I learned to appreciate it.  I also go to the trouble of
(manually) aligning the values (for readability), something that
I also do now for `let' and `let*'.