Should we restore manually maintained ChangeLogs (was: Is it time to dro

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Should we restore manually maintained ChangeLogs (was: Is it time to drop ChangeLogs?)
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 09:16:27 -0800

> But the discussion is not the main issue. We should actually go back to
> having an actively maintained ChangeLog file in the repository, something we
> stopped doing a year ago. If there's agreement to that, I rest my case.

OK, let's shift this discussion in that direction again.

Given that there are active developers who appreciate and use the ChangeLog
format, I don't think we are going to remove them just yet. Instead, the
question has been raised as to whether we should go back to maintaining
ChangeLog files manually, or continue to generate them from version control as
we do now.

My vote is to continue generating from version control, and Eli would like to