Re: Why does the tutorial talk about C-n/C-p etc?

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Why does the tutorial talk about C-n/C-p etc?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 00:25:26 +0600

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 10:03 PM, Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> wrote:

> The tutorial states the below:
>
> -----
> You can use the arrow keys,
> but it's more efficient to keep your hands in the standard position
> and use the commands C-p, C-b, C-f, and C-n.
> -----

That is only true on keyboards where the arrow cluster is far away
from the home position.

On my keyboard, the arrows are reachable just by curling the right
hand two rows down. Some newfangled keyboards put arrows directly on
the IJKL keys + modifier (see, for example, keyboard.io). Both
arrangements are more ergonomic and more reliable than C-[bfnp] (for
one, the latter do not work with non-Latin keyboard layouts).

So, +1 for demoting C-[bfnp].