Re: Should we restore manually maintained ChangeLogs

From: Nikolaus Rath
Subject: Re: Should we restore manually maintained ChangeLogs
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2016 15:08:18 -0800

On Mar 09 2016, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Maybe we should move to a version control system which permits commit
>> messages to be amended.  (Only half joking.)
>
> These seem to be in rather short supply, sadly.  Any suggestion?

Mercurial with the "evolve" extension implements non-destructive history
editing. In short, commits can have metadata that marks them as
"superseding" a previous commit. Both superseded and new commit remain
part of the repository, but most commands be default work on the
superseding commit.

Best,
-Nikolaus