Beginning the quiet march to Emacs 25.1

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Beginning the quiet march to Emacs 25.1
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 13:23:38 -0800

Hello Emacsers,

I'd like to begin the period of final stabilization toward a 25.1 release
before the summer (which would officially mean June 21st).

This means that starting now-ish, the only commits that should appear against
emacs-25 are those that address a serious problem, or are obviously safe and
an improvement over something we don't want to appear in the release (typos,
missing an option from a list of alternatives, etc).

When in doubt about the relevance of a change, please ask here. Otherwise,
changes outside this scope, but still intended for 25.x, should be queued in
master toward 25.2, with some indication that it is to be cherry-picked into
emacs-25 once the release has been cut.

emacs-25 is looking good, and I think we're on course for a summer release.
Keep up the good work!