Re: Permission requested to merge branch comment-cache into master.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Permission requested to merge branch comment-cache into master.
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 13:11:04 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 02:31:55PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 11:50:21 +0000
> > Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>

> > Sorry, yes, in that particular case the change will speed it up
> > dramatically.

> Then I think this should go to the release branch.  If there's a way
> to test it better on a branch, fine.  Otherwise, let's include it in
> the next pretest, and let the crowd find any problems it could still
> have.

OK, let's wait to see what John says.  In the meantime, I'll need to
write a little documentation on the minor restrictions that will come
with the code.  These are things like binding
`inhibit-modification-hooks' to t when changing any text properties to
avoid emptying the cache unnecessarily, and suchlike.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).