Re: emacs-25 b6b47AF: Properly encode/decode base64Binary data in SOAP

From: Alex Harsanyi
Subject: Re: emacs-25 b6b47AF: Properly encode/decode base64Binary data in SOAP
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 20:18:33 +0800

>> As explained in my other message, originator (and other attributes)
>> could be sent by the debbugs server as either xsd:string or
>> xsd:base64Binary.
>
> Why?  Doesn't the schema specify these constraints?

The debuggs schema (WSDL document) specifies that parameters can be of
"any" type.  This means that the server encodes type information with
each parameter (the "xsi:type" attributes) and soap-client will use
this info to decode the contents of the XML tag into lisp data.

Unfortunately, the Perl SOAP sever works without a schema (it will
simply encode a list of values into an XML document based on their
type).  Since the SOAP server does not read the WSDL schema, changing
it will not help us.

> I mean, isn't this an issue that should be solved between the
> soap-client client (i.e. debbugs.el) and the SOAP server?

Yes this is what Thomas and me are arguing for :-)

Best Regards,
Alex.