Re: Advicing select-windows, shr rendering, and per-buffer-theme package

From: raman
Subject: Re: Advicing select-windows, shr rendering, and per-buffer-theme package
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 06:55:02 -0700

See thread I had on this list re  hooking sound themes based on current
mode -- I ran into this issue as well. As far as I know, it's more than
just shr/eww that triggers this: if you look, select-window gets called
way more often than you'd expect.

After suggestions from folks like John, I ended up  implementing my
solution via an idle timer, you can see the relevant code here:
https://github.com/tvraman/emacspeak/blob/master/lisp/soundscape.el#L191