Re: Tests, Emacs-25 and Conditional Features

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Tests, Emacs-25 and Conditional Features
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 17:41:06 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 11:15:59 -0400
>
> > Yeah, thought about that. But then the test is skipped if
> > gnutls-available-p returns nil. What happens if I believe that I have
> > configured and build Emacs to include gnutls, but, for some reason it
> > isn't. The test will be skipped when it should succeed.
>
> This probably calls for a different kind of test.
> E.g. one that takes the system-configuration-options and then confirms
> that the build has the corresponding features.

That's one possibility, but it isn't the only one.  Some of the
features in system-configuration-options are detected automatically,
so the user might not always be aware that a feature she assumed she
has failed to auto-detect and is disabled.

Maybe a test that produced a report for which features are actually
available and working would be a possible solution.