Re: Advicing select-windows, shr rendering, and per-buffer-theme package

From: Iñigo Serna
Subject: Re: Advicing select-windows, shr rendering, and per-buffer-theme package
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 17:45:02 +0100

Hi,

Clément Pit--Claudel <address@hidden> writes:

> Do you need to change theme for temporary buffers? Usually these have a name
> that starts with a space; did you make sure to blacklist them?

I think I checked for them, but not, the regular expression I used didn't
include temporary buffers.
Checking for them before changing theme helps a lot!

> Another idea; do you need to change the theme per buffer, or per buffer
> displayed in a window? If the latter, then you could ensure that buffer
> themes are only changed if a buffer is actually shown on screen.

This is useful too.

Finally, combining both suggestions solve the problem. There are some
flickering in some rare cases but most of them have disappeared.

  (when (and (not (string-prefix-p " " (buffer-name buffer)))
             (get-buffer-window buffer))
      ...)

Thanks,
Iñigo Serna