Re: Branches in Emacs Git repo

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: Branches in Emacs Git repo
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 08:04:08 +0800

On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 1:24 AM, Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Marcin,

> since I'm planning to start contributing to Emacs, and I don't want to
> break something, I'd like to learn which branches are exactly for what
> and what should I do (assuming I will get write access at some point) -
> for instance, should I create small branches for my patches?  Should
> they be branched from master?
>
> Is there any document explaining this things?  If not, I'd be happy to
> write one (once I know that myself).

See CONTRIBUTE:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/plain/CONTRIBUTE

For the release process and info about branches in Emacs, see
admin/release-process:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/plain/admin/release-process

For ELPA-related information, see
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/elpa.git/tree/README

If the information in these documents are not clear, you're welcome to
give us suggestions.

Thanks for wanting to contribute, welcome, and do not hesitate to ask
any further question, we are here to help!