A cleaning-up patch for parse-time.el

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: A cleaning-up patch for parse-time.el
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 08:12:53 +0100

Hi Emacs Devs,

in my attempt to enhance Org-mode's date/time parsing, I found out that
I'll probably need to submit some modifications to `parse-time-string'.
While studying parse-time.el, I encountered some code whose purpose was
not obvious at the first glance, so I corrected it.  I attach a patch.
Is submitting such a patch a good idea?  (It does not introduce any new
features or bugfixes, just cleaning up: adding/expanding docstrings,
making one argument name better, adding a newline, and changing `not'
into `null'.)  How do I write a commit message for that?  (I went for
simplicity/terseness, since the diff speaks for itself.)

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University