Re: Emacs benchmarking suite

From: Dhavan Vaidya
Subject: Re: Emacs benchmarking suite
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 17:45:45 +0530

On Sat, 2016-03-19 at 12:57 +0100, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> I'd strongly recommend Robert J. Chassell's book, "Introduction to
> Programming in Emacs Lisp", which you can read in Emacs.  Type
>
> C-h i d m emacs lisp intro RET
>
> or evaluate the form
>
> (info "(eintr) Top")

Well, I thought it'll be better to learn Lisp itself first, understand
the paradigm behind it properly and then go to eintr. I have read some
pages of eintr before, and was not exactly following it. It used to be
weird - I wouldn't get it while reading it, and after a few hours, all
of a sudden it made sense.

--
- D Vaidya.