Re: Arbitrary function: find the number(s) of expected arguments

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Arbitrary function: find the number(s) of expected arguments
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 21:59:01 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> I guess you won't be using this, then.  And neither will I, frankly,
> as I never had the need for such a function.  But if someone does, I
> see no reason not to provide it.

Frankly, I'm not against adding it, too, in that form.  But the
documentation should clearly state the limitations (that the return
value of advised functions is not meaningful etc.).

(Personally, I would prefer (min . any) instead of (min . many).  A
function accepts any number of args, min at minimum.  That don't need to
be many).

And I would sleep much better tonight if it would get a name like
"help-function-arity".  I would even try to find a reason to make use of
it in help.el ;-)

Regards,

Michael.