Re: Thinking about changed buffers

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Thinking about changed buffers
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 17:30:20 +0200

I think the conclusion here is that this would be feasible to
implement.  There's a lot of details you'd have to cover, but it's
doable.

And it wouldn't have to be enabled (for those that enable it) in very
large buffers.  And if so, it'd be fast enough that you wouldn't notice
it.

However, it seems like it would be a rather unusual feature for an
editor to have, and many people might not like it, so it's perhaps not
worth doing.

But one take away from this discussion is that Emacs needs a convenient
command to save an unchanged buffer.  I think I'll file a wishlist bug
report for that.