Re: [Announce] The new Emacs homepage is online!

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Re: [Announce] The new Emacs homepage is online!
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 10:38:08 +0200

Clément Pit--Claudel <address@hidden> writes:

> On 03/30/2016 12:35 AM, Drew Adams wrote:
>> I don't worry about whether people coming to the GNU Emacs page
>> become convinced that Emacs can be beautiful.
>
> I do worry about that a bit myself: Emacs does look a bit Spartan out
> of the box (compare to the latest newcomer in IDEs land, Atom, at
> http://atom.io). I think Nico's website redesign is an incredible step
> towards polishing users' first impression of Emacs.

I asked myself the same question a lot of times when building the
website design. (I don't like very much how Emacs looks by default, but
that's a topic for another day.)

After trying many alternatives I decided that showing how Emacs can look
like it something for the tour page.  I think the screenshot on the
homepage should show how Emacs looks by default.

Cheers,
Nico