Re: Embedded modifiers in the regex engine

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Embedded modifiers in the regex engine
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 19:28:28 +0300

> From: Dima Kogan <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 14:23:11 -0700

> >> What kind of log messages? Git logs? These are terse because this
> >> project seems to have strict guidelines, and other messages I see are
> >> generally very terse. What would you like?
> >
> > See CONTRIBUTE: they should be Git log messages in the ChangeLog
> > format.
>
> Can you please be more specific about what is missing in the patches I
> sent?

A commit log message, formatted similarly to this one:

    Adapt filenotify-tests.el according latest tests

    * test/lisp/filenotify-tests.el (file-notify-test02-events)
    (file-notify-test04-file-validity, file-notify-test05-dir-validity):
    Remove superfluous `read-event' calls.
    (file-notify-test02-events): Expect different events under MS
    Windows 7 and 10.
    (file-notify-test04-file-validity): Move `file-notify-valid-p'
    check up.