Re: Cleaning up further compat code

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Cleaning up further compat code
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 20:20:04 -0400

>> Should-work-in: Emacsā‰„23
> I like it, but I assumed that was off the table, since these files are
> maintained outside Emacs.  :-)

Not all of them are.  Some are maintained inside Emacs but also
released separately.  Others are maintained both inside and outside.
And some are primarily maintained outside.
But in either case, we can install local changes (and hope to see them
integrated in the external upstream source if any).

>> For multifile packages, we could put that pseudo-header only in the
>> main file.
> Well...  then this no longer can be automated.

Of course it can.  We have the "Package:" pseudo header that lets us
find the main file automatically.

        Stefan