Re: Docstrings and manuals

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Docstrings and manuals
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 22:39:18 +0300

On 04/17/2016 07:39 PM, Michael Albinus wrote:

So we are in agreement :-)

Kind of. I disagree that "writing the manual" is going to solve any of the pressing problems, but it is a valid activity to partake in.

Personally, I believe a commentary section is a poor man's manual.

Yes and no. It's certainly easier to navigate, at least while it's below a certain size (which is still true of vc.el's Commentary).

Once
the information is in the manual, the commentary section is not needed
anymore. But this is nothing we need to worry about just now; let's
discuss it once a proper manual entry about vc exist.

...so I have my reservations about replacing it. But yes, we can discuss it later.