Re: matlab-mode MELPA, link contact FAQ?

From: Clément Pit--Claudel
Subject: Re: matlab-mode MELPA, link contact FAQ?
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 10:38:33 -0400

Hey Richard,

On 04/18/2016 04:31 AM, Richard Stallman wrote:
> As long as access to MELPA requires running nonfree software, we must
> not say anything good about it, or even talk about it much here.

Fortunately, access to MELPA does not require running nonfree software.

Are you maybe confusing the MELPA website and MELPA itself? That wouldn't make
the objection any more valid, of course, since the website is free software as
well (just not properly detected by LibreJS).

In any case, MELPA is a package archive. You access it with package.el, without
running any MELPA-specific code.

> Whatever success it has is regrettable.

Making such harsh statement without a basis in fact is regrettable too.

Cheers,
Clément.