Re: emacs-25 10597c9: Don't use 'find-program'

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: emacs-25 10597c9: Don't use 'find-program'
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 15:30:30 -0400

> I'm not the only one with write access to the repository.  If you
> think the problems are urgent, then there are better ways of getting
> them fixed than to keep badgering me.  And if they aren't urgent, then
> please trust me that I don't intend to leave the breakage there more
> than it takes for me to have a few free moments.

FWIW, I'm also puzzled with the grep-find-program thingy (which I guess
shows me POSIX bias).

Could you give some details about when we need to use potentially various
`find` programs, so that we can try and figure out which `find` should
be used where?  The examples you've mentioned so far don't seem to
correlate 100% with the code.

        Stefan