Re: Fwd: Who is the maintainer of emacs-mirror?

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: Fwd: Who is the maintainer of emacs-mirror?
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 01:36:29 +0200

John Mastro <address@hidden> writes:
> Takaaki Ishikawa asked on the emacs-devel list how to reach you (or
> rather how to reach the maintainer of emacs-mirror, which happens to be
> you). Their email is below.

No, I am not the maintainer of    "emacs-mirror" [1]
        I am the maintainer of the Emacsmirror   [2]

[1]: https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs
[2]: https://github.com/emacsmirror/p
     https://emacsmirror.net

I started working on the Emacsmirror in 2006.  I am not sure when I
created the "emacsmirror" Github "organization"/account, but it was
certainly several years before the "emacs-mirror" organization/account
was created.  After I became Magit's maintainer the Emacsmirror did
start to bit rot a bit, but a week ago, after working on it again for
two months, I re-announced it:
https://emacsair.me/2016/04/16/re-introducing-the-emacsmirror.

When "emacs-mirror" was created I was concerned about the very "similar"
name and the confusion that this would cause, and tried to contact the
maintainer(s).  Unfortunately I couldn't find any contact information
either.  I tried making contact by opening an issue in the Github issue
tracker but didn't get a response.  Since then they have disabled the
issue tracker, so I cannot refer to that issue.

I would appreciate if the maintainer(s) of "emacs-mirror" would identify
themselves or at least open up a channel for communication.

It might also be a good idea to replace
  https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs
with
  https://github.com/jwiegley/emacs

(The latter would have to be setup in a similar way to the former so
that updates are pulled automatically from the upstream on sv.gnu.org.)

> Even though your email address is public, I didn't feel quite right
> about posting it on the list. So instead I am forwarding this to you :)

And I decided to reply publicly (but thanks) and hope that the
maintainer(s) of "emacs-mirror" make it possible to communicate with
them too.

  Best regards,
  Jonas