Re: todo-mode doc bug

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: todo-mode doc bug
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 12:18:33 +0200

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 13:03:09 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> From: Stephen Berman <address@hidden>
>> Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 11:56:15 +0200
>>
>> I'm not sure what counts as trivial, and now have reason to ask for
>> clarification.  Specifically, I noticed that the doc string of
>> `todo-show' is in part obsolete and incorrect -- in fact, it already was
>> when I initially committed this version of todo-mode to the Emacs
>> repository, because I had failed to update the doc string after making
>> the change in ea3ae33b5b94bf095c52f279887009e8fb71a9df prior to the
>> initial commit.  (In contrast, the Todo mode Info manual contains the
>> correct information.)  Is it ok for me to commit the following doc
>> string change to emacs-25, and also dispense with a bug report?
>
> Doc string corrections are always okay (assuming you are sure they are
> correct).

Thanks for the clarification.

>            I have no opinion about closing the bug.

There is no outstanding bug about this; my question was about whether it
is necessary to file one for this doc string change, and it was prompted
by John's post in response to my previous todo-mode (non-doc) bug fix,
which I had committed to emacs-25 without a prior bug report (since I am
the todo-mode maintainer and had found the bug myself).

Steve Berman