Re: NS port horizontal scroll-bars

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: NS port horizontal scroll-bars
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 08:35:28 +0200

> Is there a function that returns the width of the longest visible
> line,

You can use ‘window-text-pixel-size’ for this but I don't understand
what you need it for.  The basic slider size and position calculations
are done in set_horizontal_scroll_bar in xdisp.c and that function calls
the set_horizontal_scroll_bar_hook corresponding to your platform which
should be ns_set_horizontal_scroll_bar.  The latter probably needs some
tweaking as for the other platforms.

> or the width of the buffer with truncated lines? I can't find
> anything like that.

Many thanks for working on this, martin