Re: Emacs pretest 25.0.93

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 25.0.93
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 20:26:41 +0300

> From: address@hidden (Phillip Lord)
> Cc: Chris Zheng <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 17:49:45 +0100
>
> I had a go at bisecting this, and the results are so surprising, that I
> need to replicate them on a different machine....

I don't know what happened with your bisecting, because the culprit is
indeed 7eba90c12227d86636aaa3da8d68b0c213fb3910.  What happens is that
the variable-pitch face picks up a bold-italic font.  This is why
tooltips also display in that font: they use variable-pitch.

The strange thing is, I cannot see the problem on my main development
system. only on another box.  Maybe it has something to do with font
setup, I don't know.

I cannot just revert that commit, because it fixed a problem that is
no less serious.  Ideas welcome.