Re: Seeking a "Patch Champion"

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Seeking a "Patch Champion"
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 09:16:50 +0300

> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 23:24:20 +0300
>
> I may simply have a narrow-ish area of interest, though. The kind of
> patches that might fall through the crash are likely targeting an area
> without an active maintainer.
>
> An active patch herder might manage those in Patchwork, but as long as
> they are submitted to the bug tracker, they won't be lost (even if no
> one is actively reviewing them).

I think a more useful approach is to try to handle any patch which you
understand well enough to feel it's about right.  (The cracks between
the areas of our interest are too wide to only handle those within the
areas.)  That still would leave a lot of doubt about whether a patch
could do any harm in some other place or use case; I wonder if we
could come up with some procedure to minimize that chance.