vc-hg modeline changed.

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: vc-hg modeline changed.
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 20:01:10 +0000

Hi

I just upgraded 25.5.1  via git pull and recompiling.

Then I noted (to my horror (personal opinion) that the behavior of
hg-modeline was changed.

The relevant log entry is this:

commit de76a167dc09dc695a5acebabb7ab354a6bf556e
Author: Daniel Colascione <address@hidden>
Date:   Mon Feb 8 10:52:54 2016 -0800

    Performance improvements for vc-hg

    Teach vc-hg how to read some Mercurial internal data structures,
    allowing us to avoid the need to run hg status -A, which is very slow
    for large repositories.  Fall back to running hg if anything looks
    funny.  vc-hg now puts the _working directory_ revision in the
    modeline instead of the file revision, which greatly improves
    performance and which allows us to again skip running hg in the case
    that we have an active bookmark.

Very well, now per default hg displays the tag (if there is any) of the
repo.

I wanted the old behavior and I thought I just set
 vc-hg-use-file-version-for-mode-line-version to t.

But then HG-hash is displayed not HG-rev.
I don't want to start a flame war about the usefulness of the local rev number,
but for me it is *very* useful.

Please tell me how to obtain the old behavior.

I attach 3 screenshots:
The old one, the new one with the varible set to nil, and then to t.

regards

Uwe Brauer