Re: how to send a patch and the manual

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: how to send a patch and the manual
Date: Thu, 05 May 2016 11:43:42 +0000

I just replied to this in the other thread ( https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-05/msg00127.html ).

On Thu, May 5, 2016, 5:20 AM Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello

Is

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Sending-Patches.html
a bit outdated?

The manual does not mention git, which would require write access as I
understand, but it does talk about ChangeLog entries which puzzles me. I
could understand the need of a ChangeLog entry if one would push a patch
via git but how am I supposed to provide a ChangeLog entry via email as a patch if
I only want to send a patch to one lisp package?

And wasn't the general idea to get rid of ChangLog, anyhow? So what is
the best practice to send patches via email?

Kaushal Modi