Re: SOLVED

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: SOLVED
Date: Thu, 05 May 2016 21:33:11 +0000

Hi Uwe,

I am using Google Inbox to write emails. I apologize for the email format as I don't know what I can do to fix this. This is what it looks like to me when I am writing the email: http://i.imgur.com/oYhaTHg.png

I just followed your instructions of your other mail to rebase to
emacs-25, but Daniels changes are not there.

His changes seem only to be in emacs-master. (I am sorry I am not very
familiar with git, for my personal stuff I use hg and I use even the
git-hg plugin to maintain matlab, but I don't dare to do that for
emacs...)

Sorry for creating this confusion. You are correct; those changes to vc-hg ( http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=de76a167dc09dc695a5acebabb7ab354a6bf556e ) are only in the master branch. So there is no point sending a patch rebased to emasc-25. I had incorrectly assumed that your documentation patch could apply to emacs-25 too.

So just rebase to the master branch using the below.

git fetch --all
git checkout master
git reset --hard origin/master

Then format your patch and send it to address@hidden.