Re: SOLVED

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: SOLVED
Date: Fri, 06 May 2016 10:29:22 +0000

>>> "Yuri" == Yuri Khan <address@hidden> writes:

   > On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 1:53 PM, Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:
   >> I see. I just tried out my google account. The reason for this behavior
   >> is that you use, google rich-text-format (which is not really html it
   >> seems).

   > I looked at Kaushal’s message and I do see the <blockquote> element
   > around quoted text.

Correct, that is why Thunderbird/Seamonkey does display the quotes
correctly, gnus seems not. So it might be a gnus problem, or an error in
my configuration. I had a quick look around (without any statistical
analysis I must add): TB, gnus, and gmail I see most often, plus people
who seem to use Emacs, but it is not clear to me which MUA, like Eli
(most likely rmail). Since I seem to be the only one to complain, maybe my
gnus is badly configured. I asked already in the gnus group.

   > What else would you ask of a MUA?

   >> BTW how to you deal with gmail's top posting style, which I find one of
   >> the most annoying things, since it cannot be changes (as you can say in
   >> Thunderbird).

   > I am writing this from gmail. When you hit reply, there is a small
   > button with an ellipsis at the bottom. When you click it, it expands
   > into a quoted parent message, whereupon you can trim quotes and add
   > your own text.

Ok, this I know, I thought there was some hidden configuration which
would allow you to skip this step.

   > Gmail also lets you switch to plain text, using the dropdown menu
   > button at the bottom right.

   > Google Inbox, on the other hand, did not support sending
   > plain-text-only mail the last time I checked. (FYI Inbox and Gmail are
   > different products.)

Ah, ok thanks for clarifying did not know, (or forgot).

Uwe