Re: Edebug: avoid messages on 'f' command

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Edebug: avoid messages on 'f' command
Date: Fri, 06 May 2016 17:16:47 +0000

 I just know now it's pointless to use M-x report-emacs-bug
unless you use Emacs to handle your mail in general.

I wouldn't say that it is pointless. M-x report-emacs-bug creates a buffer with appropriate To: email, subject, and body with useful info about your emacs version and environment.

I cannot send emails from within emacs because of the way the ports are set by my company sysadmin.

But I still do M-x report-emacs-bug, copy everything and email everything out using Gmail.

An example: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23460

Kaushal Modi