Re: Edebug: avoid messages on 'f' command

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Edebug: avoid messages on 'f' command
Date: Sat, 07 May 2016 13:40:56 +0000

Using git blame, you can find the original author who add that 1 second delay. You can then copy them in this thread asking why they added that.

I use edebug but have never used the breakpoints (next thing to try out on my list now). But I think that removing that delay permanently would be fine too, unless there was a specify reason to add it in the first place.

On Sat, May 7, 2016, 7:55 AM Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden> wrote:
On 7 May 2016 at 08:57, Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> wrote:
> One thing's puzzling me - who would ever want that one second of "Break"
> in the echo area?  It's annoying, and it's scarcely useful information.
> Maybe I should just have ripped out that bit of code entirely.

I wouldn't mind. And judging by the quite poor usability of Edebug in
general, I think others wouldn't care.

Paul

Kaushal Modi