Re: Edebug: avoid messages on 'f' command

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Edebug: avoid messages on 'f' command
Date: Sat, 07 May 2016 14:40:32 -0400

  > > Wouldn't setting edebug-execution-mode to 'Continue-fast also remove this
  > > pause, even before this commit was made?
  > >
  > Copying RMS on this. Looks like this pause at braekpoint was (sit-for 1)
  > from the very beginning (circa 1993-1996).

I don't remember anything about that call to sit-for from 20 years ago.
But I have a guess why it is there: because without it, execution would
be so fast you couldn't even see things scroll past.  So you might as well
proceed at full speed.

If that mode is useful for you, I have nothing against supporting it.
I think it would not be very useful in general, so I would not make
it the default.

--
Dr Richard Stallman