Re: Paragraph styles in doc strings

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Paragraph styles in doc strings
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 17:48:21 +0200

On 2016-05-09, at 17:10, Paul Eggert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On a graphical display it might be nice if Emacs used a half-line to
> display empty lines, instead of using a full line, so as to waste less
> screen real estate while still making the *Help* buffer clear. This idea
> might be useful for *Info* and other buffers too.

Nice idea.  Would setting a font to a smaller one on empty lines do the
trick?

It could be even made into a simple minor mode (perhaps a global one?).
Might be very useful for fitting more code on the screen, especially in
languages whose culture prefers lots of whitespace.

I'd gladly volunteer to write such a mode, if there is any interest.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University