Re: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 21:58:12 +0200

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> Hmm, now that I think.. I married two issues together.. I have never been
> able to configure gnus to work.. it just times out when trying to fetch even
> news,gmane.org and also I was never able to setup gmail using that (same
> timeout issue).

Reading mail and sending mail are two totally different things that have
nothing do to with one another.

> Secondly I cannot send bug reports from within emacs as the
> outgoing email will be my work email (instead of the gmail email where I
> subscribe to all emacs ML). I have verified sendmail to work before. But I
> cannot use it as I cannot associate it with my gmail account.

You don't need sendmail or anything like that.  When you try to send
mail from an Emacs that doesn't have outgoing mail set up, it will
prompt you for how to send email.  Say "smtp.gmail.com", and you're
set.  (You may have to enter a password at some point, though.)